Want a Job in the Whisky Industry?on Oct 25 in Scottish, Single Malt Whisky, whisky Industry news by dan
Position Filled Sorry.
If you are looking for a ‘hands on’ role n the whisky production world, your application could soon be on its way the the distillery headquarters of Macallan.
See the Job description below: Does it sound like your dream job? Can you see your self in the role of an assistant whisky maker learning the ropes and producing the spirit which 1000′s will enjoy?
If the answer is “yes” Then drop me an email, and I will hook you up!
Assistant Whisky Maker
Scotch whisky has become the country’s leading export commodity in the past five years. With international demand rapidly rising for premium Scottish whisky, the industry is thriving.
The Macallan is known as the world’s most precious suite of luxury whisky brands, which form part of the internationally renowned Edrington Group. Following a period of growth and success across the business, the company is recruiting an Assistant Whisky Maker to join the team working in the sample room at our distillery on the Macallan Estate on Speyside.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work directly with Macallan’s long established Master Whisky Maker. Like no other, the Macallan range of whisky is synonymous with excellence and only uses the ‘best of the best’ ingredients; great skill is required by the Whisky Maker to achieve consistency during the creation process.
You will also learn the secrets of The Macallan portfolio focusing on the contribution the casks make to the distinctive taste and colour of Macallan. You will assist with the screening of thousands of samples each year, creating whiskies that will be recognised around the world.
Based at the Macallan Estate on Speyside, you will assist the Master Whisky Maker in the definition and maintenance of detailed sensory characteristics of each product in the portfolio. Working with our New Product Development and Sampling Room Teams, you will be immersed in the full flavours and character of this luxury brand.
Who We’re Looking For
- You have a creative flair, with highly developed nosing and tasting skills
- You will be degree qualified in a food science, chemistry or Brewing & Distilling subject
- You have industry experience, possibly working within a production role in the brewing or distilling industry
- You will have experience of flavour assessment and a good understanding of flavours and their interaction in mixtures
- You are analytical in your approach to your work and proficient in using statistical tools
- A strong communicator, you will have conviction in your decisions and be able to lead your audience to be inspired in your ideas for the brand
- You will become a Custodian of the Brand. As Brand Ambassador, you will represent Macallan at industry events and develop our reputation even wider
This is a great opportunity for someone to get into the industry, using there nose, brains and hands. remember job listing are wish lists… even if you don’t have EVERY skill listed on the specification, you should stil apply, because from the employers point of view this is just a wish list.
If you are inerested: Drop me an email at email@example.com and I’ll get you started.