Whisky Book Give Away (Part 2)on Apr 02 in Blended whisky, whisky Books by dan
Last time we gave a book away it was to celebrate Ian Buxtons great little book “101 Whiskies to Try Before You Die” because we liked it so much. This time around we have a book that is 400% better (or bigger at least). This time we are doing it because we wanted to share the whisky love with all our readers.
We are giving away a copy of “Cutty Sark: The making of a Whisky Brand” worth £25 (at least that’s the price on the back.).
Our own James Dawkins is a huge fan of the branding and style of Cutty Sark, and so this book really apeals to him and we think it will apeal to you too.
Here is a description of the book pinched from amazon:
Cutty Sark – the whisky, not the ship – was launched in 1923 and went on to become one of the most popular whiskies in the world. The first Scotch whisky to sell more than 1 million cases annually in the USA it was noted for its light colour and easy mixability. In this unique, full colour volume, editor Ian Buxton has assembled a top team of whisky experts to tell the colourful story behind ‘the real McCoy’. With exclusive access to historical archives we meet the blenders behind the whisky, explore its rise and rise through Prohibition and post-war recovery, and discover new and exciting cocktail recipes specially created for the book. Contributions from Helen Arthur, Dave Broom, Ian Buxton, Charles MacLean, Marcin Miller, Martine Nouet, Paul Pacult, Gary Regan, Neil Ridley and Gavin D Smith.
There is Loads of other cool branded Cutty Sark stuff here: http://www.cutty-sark.com/shop/catalog.asp?class=cool-branded-stuff
Terms and Conditions
- Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of WhiskyTimes and its parent company, DNR Commerce.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- Entries close at Midnight, 30th April 2012 and a lucky winner will be picked on 1st May 2012.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to error in transit.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- Unless stated otherwise the winner will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date stated.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. The winner must respond within 7 days. If the winner cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by WhiskyTimes relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- The Promoter is WhiskyTimes, Contact us here.